Human Resources Manager/Director
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases. AGTC is aggressively expanding and seeks a full-time Human Resources Manager/Director.
- The Human Resources Manager/ Director will report to the Company’s General Counsel
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as a strategic partner to support senior management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel as well as strengthen leader and team effectiveness
- Drive performance by creating/implementing human resource initiatives tailored to business requirements
- Manage the administration of the Company’s compensation and benefit programs
- Implement performance management processes including performance assessment, calibration and compensation planning
- Build collaborative and positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Direct activities to attract, develop and retain high quality talent to support the Company’s near and long-term business objectives
- Work with legal department to develop, communicate and enforce appropriate HR policies and guidelines that ensures Company’s compliance with all applicable state and federal labor laws
- Develop employee orientation, development, and training programs
- Responsible for assessing, managing, and problem-solving areas of potential risk to the business, i.e., employee retention, turnover, redundancies, employee relations. Collaborates as necessary with outside counsel on complex matters.
- Monitor, support and enforce employee health and safety programs
- Manage HR staff
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial/organizational psychology, human resource management, business or a related field is required; Eight (8) years (Manager) to 12 plus (Director) of experience in progressively responsible roles in HR, including HR business partner or “generalist” roles
- Solid experience in biotech or pharma is highly preferred
- Must be a self-motivated and confident individual who thrives in a collaborative, dynamic environment; Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple simultaneous tasks while under strict deadlines
- Credible and thoughtful professional who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior management
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace. Please submit CV or resume.