Research Scientist or equivalent level
Inception Sciences in San Diego CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team developing small molecule therapeutics to treat cancer, fibrosis and inflammation. The ideal candidate should have strong hands-on in vitro ADME skills and solid experience with cryo-preserved hepatocytes for clearance determination and CYP induction studies. The candidate should be able to design and perform in vitro ADME studies and have strong LC-MS/MS skills. Additional experience such as bio-analysis, transporter assays, equilibrium dialysis and programming of liquid transfer systems are preferred but not a must.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and conduct in vitro ADME studies to establish IVIVC relationships and prediction of drug-drug interactions
- Responsible for all hepatocyte based ADME assays such as in vitro clearance, metabolism and CYP induction studies by activity and mRNA
- Hepatocytes and microsomal incubation studies for in vitro clearance and perform LC-HRMS based data acquisition incl. metabolic soft spot analysis
- Perform bio-analysis supporting PK, TK and PD studies. Analyze data using Phoenix software and report results to project teams
- Participate on project teams to provide DMPK expertise and enable fast progression of programs. Help identify relevant studies and work within team to establish work plan for DMPK support.
- Collaborate with Biology and Chemistry groups and implement and oversee studies to meet project and company goals
- Train other associates and interns in the DMPK group in areas of expertise
- Strong laboratory notebook skills, desire to optimize methods and attention to details are critical
- BS degree with 10 years industry experience or MS degree with 5 years of hands-on in vitro ADME laboratory experience in industry. Background in small molecule drug discovery is preferred.
- Experience in LC-MS/MS based analysis is a requirement.
- Strong skills within hepatocyte based assays: clearance and CYP induction
- Hands-on experience performing in vitro studies with small molecule drug candidates: microsomal stability, CYP inhibition, plasma protein binding etc.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail to drive projects forward in a timely manner
- Strong hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS based data acquisition and knowledge of common MS based software. Ability to trouble shoot and maintain instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and impacting programs by providing fast and appropriate DMPK support
Inception Sciences offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com