Surrozen is seeking an experienced biotechnology Patent Counsel to build and grow the company’s intellectual property portfolio and develop expert knowledge in particular areas of antibody-based therapeutics and Wnt biology. The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter, adept at working in a fast-paced, nimble startup and equally skilled working collaboratively.
- Provide in-depth, nuanced guidance regarding strategies to build, grow and protect Surrozen’sintellectual property.
- Collaborate closely with Surrozen’s scientific and business teams to identify patentable intellectual property subjects and draft and file patent applications
- Lead due diligence to support Surrozen’s licensing and acquisition activities
- Provide MTAs, CDAs, and licensing and research collaboration agreements
- 3+ years of patent counsel experience in a biotechnology company, ideally one focused in the large molecule and protein therapeutics space, or similar experience gained within a law firm’s intellectual property practice area
- A United States law degree (JD)
- Admission to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in biological sciences or biomedical engineering
- Possess extensive knowledge of domestic and international patent laws and regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency managing competing priorities and possess a high comfort level with multitasking
- Excellent negotiation and written and verbal communication skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your CV through our careers page at http://surrozen.com/#careers. Surrozen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.