Director, Program Management
The Director, Program Management will partner with the Clinical and/or Research Team Leader to co-lead one or more Project Development Team’s in the planning and execution of corporate development goals.
· Collaborate with Team Leaders to enable team development and follow-through of the Clinical or Research Development Plan (e.g., partnering with, and gaining cross- functional alignment on deliverables)
· Facilitate team development and management of Risk Mitigation Plan
· Build, maintain and control the cross functional timeline for the execution of Clinical Development Plan and/or protocol execution - highlight dependencies, milestones, deliverables, and critical path; create timeline scenarios as needed and facilitate cross- functional reviews
· Identify and leverage interdependencies in short-, mid-, and long-term project and study plans
· Ensure functions are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines.
· Advocate and drive for overall project execution quality – Propose, facilitate and implement plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions
· Facilitate team meetings in collaboration with the Clinical and/or Research Team Leader
- develop meeting agendas, issue meeting minutes, and track action items to completion with cross-functional leads
· Collaborate with the Team Leader to ensure all team members read, understand and execute their roles according to the team Charters
· In collaboration with team leads, identify, communicate and escalate Study Team interdependencies, issues, perspectives and key decisions as appropriate
· Communicate objectives, plans and timelines to the PDT
· Contribute to and facilitate the development of appropriate metrics for the PDT
· Support ad-hoc working groups that result from PDT needs
· Support the execution of steering committee meetings or clinical advisory boards in collaboration with Clinical Development
· Work with Team Leaders to coordinate cross-functional activities from data generation through clinical study report development in collaboration with CMC, BioMetrics, Clinical, Medical Writing, Regulatory, Quality and other functions
· Coordinate conducting Lessons Learned initiatives for the PDT and/or other cross- functional teams as appropriate.
· Collaborate with Finance to assure that the team’s financial needs are accounted for in the overall budget and are tracking against spend projections
· Assist with the development of Corporate and Investor slide decks. Checking that the team’s activities, progress and risks are accurately presented to the BOD and outside investors.
Experience & Education
· Director level expertise in at least one functional area that directly contributes to successful late stage drug development.
· Minimum of 5 years project/program management experience (including industry, project management, or academia) for Director. PMI or comparable certification a plus.
· BA/BS in a scientific or technical field or equivalent experience. MS or MBA preferred.