Director, Patient Support / Adherence
Pharmacyclics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), is focused on developing and commercializing innovative small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated diseases. Pharmacyclics' mission is to develop and commercialize novel therapies intended to improve quality of life, increase duration of life and resolve serious unmet medical needs. Pharmacyclics markets IMBRUVICA and has multiple product candidates in clinical development and several preclinical molecules in lead optimization. Pharmacyclics is committed to high standards of ethics, scientific rigor and operational efficiency as it moves each of these programs toward commercialization.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Director Patient Support will report directly to the Executive Director Market Access and will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, and external customers. He/She will be the in house individual responsible for developing patient support strategies, and implementing and managing programs to support IMBRUVICA patients in the US. He/she will work in conjunction with the Executive Director Market Access and broader Market Access team to identify and assess patient support needs, define objectives, and operationalize programs, including hub, copay, and nursing support programs. These efforts will include a need to coordinate cross functionally with the Market Access and Marketing teams, both in house and field based.
The candidate must be able to operate in a fast paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables. He/she will manage the development of new initiatives and programs and ensure appropriate alignment with key business partners. This individual will also be responsible for managing IMBRUVICA's patient support programs, facilitating vendor contracts, and overseeing project budgets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Lead and manage IMBRUVICA's hub, copay, and nurse support programs
- Based on market insights, enhance and develop “best-in” class patient support initiatives and programs to attain strategic objectives
- Determine annual patient support plan and budget and align with cross-functional partners
- Manage internal and external business partners, including vendor contracts, reporting requirements, and budgets
- Oversee and manage the creation and implementation of field pieces to support communication of patient support resources
- Define and proactively measure patient support program performance and metrics
- Attend external meetings and conferences to gather insights and best-practices, and keep current with trends that may impact patient support programs
- Ensure company values are met on a consistent basis
- Work closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure all training responsibilities, policies, and procedures are met
- Position will be individual contributor with ability to influence, direct, and manage cross-functional partners
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior US in-line Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical market, including purchasers, payers, and associations is required
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within specified timelines, budgetary and quality standards
- Experience implementing programs that require process, operations, data, and ongoing quality improvement
- Experience leading and influencing large cross-functional teams
- Experience with access support and reimbursement for specialty pharmaceutical products.
- Experience managing customer facing vendors
- Excellent verbal and writing skills as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Shown ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically in previous roles
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point is required
- May require up to 30% travel based on business need