Associate Director, Advanced Marketing Analytics
Pharmacyclics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), is focused on developing and commercializing innovative small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated diseases. Pharmacyclics' mission is to develop and commercialize novel therapies intended to improve quality of life, increase duration of life and resolve serious unmet medical needs. Pharmacyclics markets IMBRUVICA and has multiple product candidates in clinical development and several preclinical molecules in lead optimization. Pharmacyclics is committed to high standards of ethics, scientific rigor and operational efficiency as it moves each of these programs toward commercialization.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Associate Director of Advanced Marketing Analytics will be responsible for leading marketing analytics effort for our leading indication (CLL). He/she will work closely with the brand directors and analytics team to design, analyze and implement strategic projects that move the needle on brand performance. Additionally, this individual will play a critical role in shaping the structure of this newly established team at Pharmacyclics.
· Lead marketing analytics efforts for CLL. Over the course of this role, this individual will sharpen/develop a deep understanding of this disease area and will become an expert
· This person will demonstrate functional excellence and work mostly independently to prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
· Project types include (but not limited to):
o Performance Tracking: develop and maintain a dashboard for tracking performance of each product. Develop a mechanism for identifying variations in performance vs. target, and gathering relevant data to help evaluate and determine next steps. Synthesize market dynamics to identify potential drivers impacting performance to inform marketing and sales decisions
o Additionally, be able to manage recurring performance reports related to targeting, distribution, ex-factory data and call reporting
o Ability to measure campaign effectiveness such as through ROI analysis of key strategies and tactics. Experience in using descriptive analytics to do Pre/Post comparison around marketing campaign and speaker program effectiveness
o Skilled in performing channel analysis, new vs existing prescriber analysis and patient persistency, academic vs community analysis.
o Astute in performing market share analysis and longitudinal data analysis with focus on line of therapy, drug compliance and persistency.
o Responsible for payer mix analysis identifying the % share of various payers across different indications and combine with patient's projection
· Manage and develop a direct report
· Bachelors Degree required, MBA or Masters is preferred
· 8+ years of analytics experience, preferably in the Pharma/BioTech industry
· High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
· Requirement to work “hands on” with analytical tools with minimal requirement on external consultants
· Proficiency in data analytics and 1 or more of reporting tools such as SAS, R, SPPS, and Tableau
· Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IMS Sales Data (APLD, DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), and Specialty pharmacy data.
· Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
· Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to “tell the story” of why an analytical exercise was done and what are the key recommendations
· Previous experience in oncology is required and experience specifically in hematology is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled