Automation Engineer, Controls
Job Description Summary
- Configure, program, test and troubleshoot PLC based control systems and associated components.
- Configure, program, test and troubleshoot User Interface (UI) software for PLC based control systems.
- Electrical troubleshooting and testing of control systems, control panels, and associated equipment.
- Documentation of PLC software changes and unit testing results.
- Support, update, and troubleshoot existing systems in production.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Support for systems installation and commissioning.
- Generate test protocols for control system used in medical manufacturing
- Maintain vision system used in production (cognex/Keyence)
- Maintain closed loop systems I.E (temperature controls loop, Servo motors)
- B.S in relevant engineering field
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- PLC program design and development with Allen-Bradley RSView, ControlLogix platform, factory talk transaction manager and associated components.
- Industrial automation industry experience preferred
- Medical manufacturing experience preferred
- Hands on experience with electrical troubleshooting in a high-volume automated manufacturing environment required