- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Obtains materials, components, equipment and services.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value.
- Manage assigned suppliers and commodities to acquire inventory in a cost effective, high quality performance to demand requirements.
- Dramatically improve supplier performance program through our supplier review board.
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. MBA or Master's is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years related experience in vendor management for a $40M plus revenue company preferred in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with raw materials used in biomedical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Candidate should also be experienced with SOP's, GMP, JIT, MRP and should have experience with APICS principles.
- Candidate should be comfortable and adept at Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. Proficiency in all MS Office application.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Demonstrated successful contract supplier negotiation involving any of the following: cost reduction independent of volume increase, vendor managed inventory, supply flexibility increase
- New Product Introduction experience
- ERP experience, SAP preferred.
- Contract Negotiations
- Experience in a medical device, in vitro diagnostics or pharmaceutical environment.
- Familiarity with raw materials used in biomedical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experience with Standard operating procedures, Good Manufacturing & Documentation practices.
- APICS certification.
- Experience working with product lifecycle mgmt., document control and enterprise quality management systems.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers, and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use.
- Conducts full development life cycle including interviews of users, development of requirements documents, creating design specifications and implementation of requirements.
- Drive ongoing supplier optimization and continuous improvement.