Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-skilled and highly-motivated professional to lead management of facilities. The Facilities Manager will primarily manage and maintain facility, machinery, and equipment which support research laboratories and an investigational medical product cGMP manufacturing facility. This position will also support building space allocation and layout, communication services, facilities expansion and modification, and may have responsibility for establishing and overseeing health and safety standards. This requires excellent technical skills and abilities, analytical and mathematical skills, organizational and time-management skills, verbal and written communication skills, plus ability to manage competing priorities and projects with minimal supervision.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop facility systems, including but not limited to: Inspection and maintenance of all infrastructure such as chiller, boiler, building management system, waste management system, laboratory and GMP facility HVAC, security and monitoring systems, and pest control to ensure optimal and continuous operation of the facility.
- Supervise maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Schedule routine maintenance and repairs for facility, machinery, and equipment
- Identify preferred equipment and facility service providers
- Create, manage and maintain equipment maintenance tracking system
- Contribute to operations management by overseeing facility projects and improvements, such as planning and coordinating new installations, repairs and modifications
- Professionally interact with cross functional teams, vendors and contractors
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge and abilities to trouble-shoot issues to include basic repairs and maintenance
- Comply with all company procedures and laws applicable to facility
- Bachelor's degree engineering or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience with managing facilities subject to GMP regulatory compliance
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, preferred
- Proven experience working with mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Significant and demonstrated knowledge of laboratory equipment, product use, and terminology, preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
- Ability to manage competing priorities and projects, as well as handle urgent situations
- Ability to function independently and exercise good judgement
- Ability to identify problems and solutions then take action to resolve
- Demonstrated ability to resolve operational and strategic issues
- Ability to understand instructions and to learn how to maintain equipment
- Ability to apply attention to detail as applied to regulatory compliance
- High degree of reliability and professionalism
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities at this time. This position reports to Sr. Director, Quality.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.