Scientist II, Scale-Up Lab, Manufacturing Sciences
The candidate will be working in the pilot scale biologics facility in Worcester, MA supporting AbbVie's Biologics Development and Manufacturing business. The candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the downstream (i.e. capture and purification) of a variety of initiatives including; Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generation of GLP-tox drug substance/intermediate to support preclinical activities
- Evaluation, development, and implementation of novel manufacturing technologies (e.g. perfusion cell culture, continuous downstream processing, etc.)
- Scale-up and tech transfer of biological processes to GMP production
- Writing, review, and execution of GLP batch records
- BS or equivalent education with typically 7 or more years of experience or MS or equivalent education with typically 5 or more years of experience.
- Ability of scientific independent thinking and to design and perform experiments is a must.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and good writing skill are also required.
- Ability to work in teams is critical.
- Familiarity with large-scale chromatography, UF/DF, nanofiltration, and methods of process intensification is highly desirable.