Research Associate - In Vivo Pharmacology
The Preclinical Pharmacology team in Lilly NY is looking for a research associate to join their team. Do you have in vivo pharmacology experience? Are you passionate about working in a highly collaborative environment? Do you have cancer research experience? We need a skilled in vivo biologist to join our cancer research group. Your primary responsibility will be to develop animal models of cancer and to perform in vivo drug efficacy studies in these models. You will have the opportunity to establish syngeneic and human xenograft tumor models and test targeted therapies – antibodies and small molecule inhibitors - in these cancer models to advance lead candidates to the clinic. You will be responsible for all aspects of in vivo study design from consultation with project leader, to culture and implant of the tumor cells or fragments, performing all aspects of dosing and evaluation of disease burden, and collection of samples for evaluation of biomarkers. You will have the opportunity to work independently but also as part of a diverse and dynamic team of scientists. Are you inspired by the science and the desire to make a difference? Consider joining Lilly to make a positive impact on the lives of our patients.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years of research experience
- Working in with rodent tumor models is highly preferred
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- M.A.or M.Sc. degree desirable.
- Experience in small animal handling and dosing is essential.
- Experience with rodent tumor models including tissue and blood collection, measurement of tumor burden, metastatic growth and incidence, SC and orthotopic tumors.
- Gathering animal study data utilizing electronic caliper capture software.
- Meticulous sample and experimental record keeping.
- Adherence to IACUC protocols and utilization of SOPs for all work.
- Culture of mammalian cells and tumor cells.
- Writing of in vivo study reports for all in vivo studies performed
- Maintenance of accurate, detailed and witnessed electronic laboratory notebook.
- Active participation in project meetings in a team environment.
- Data collection, analysis, and presentation to project leaders.
- Ability to perform occasional weekend dosing.
- Additional in vivo research experience to include: rodent surgery or surgical techniques, blood/tissue collection, imaging is helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize implementation of in vivo studies as needed for time and resources.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds