ESSA Pharmaceuticals, located in South San Francisco, California seeks a Project Manager with background and experience gained in a drug development environment to fill this important position The Project Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer. This individual will provide overall coordination and implementation of ongoing research and preclinical/clinical development projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for defining project scopes, planning, directing, advancing project activities, and managing resources of research and development activities.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Proactively track and manage project tasks against timelines and budgets
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Assist in ensuring that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Proactively alert management when there are risks or deviations from outlined plan
- Function as a meeting facilitator between various teams and resolve conflicts as they arise using collaborative management skills
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience in the biotech/pharma industry
- Prior preclinical experience in cell-based assays a definite plus
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the life sciences required; Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency with MS Project or other commonly-used program required
- Ability to influence project team members of various disciplines despite a direct reporting relationship
- Strong time management capability
Key position with a well-capitalized company – great opportunity to make a significant impact; attractive compensation including generous equity participation and excellent benefits. No relocation assistance provided.