Field Service Engineer Midwest Region (Indianapolis, St. Louis, or Kansas City areas)
Field Service Engineer – Chemist
Field Service Engineer Southeast Region - Midwest based:
Are you a motivated and successful Field Service Engineer, or “Lab Tech,” with technical aptitude, willingness to travel, and customer focused attitude for field service?
Would you thrive on after-sales service of complex analytical instruments and customer care?
Do you live near a major airport in the Midwest or surrounding areas, or willing to relocate to such a location?
If yes, keep reading…
Our company is seeking a talented, motivated, customer focused Field Service Engineer with Chemistry experience for our line of Analytical Instruments, including EA and TOC. This position will be based out of your home-office, within approximately 2 hours of a major airport in a central hub of Southeast activity (pref. near Indianapolis, St. Louis, or Kansas City areas), frequent weekday overnight travel required.
Summary: Service, troubleshoot and repair EA, TOC, ICP-MS and ICP-OES equipment. This highly complex equipment requires a basic understanding and ability to learn the physics and electronics of the instruments serviced, and the chemistry of our customers’ applications. Customers include research, production, quality control, pharma, industrial and environmental laboratories.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance, service and install instruments, conduct training; ensure post-sale customer support
- Diagnose instruments via remote diagnostic software, provide technical support by phone and email, and perform customer site repairs as needed
- Perform customer training and assist customers with applications questions
- Re-qualify instrument after maintenance and/or repairs by running complex compounds for verification
- Verify lab facility pre-installation documentation, run complex organic/inorganic and/or biochemical compounds for performance verification
- Provide accurate and timely feedback and reports to management
- Manage service and travel schedules independently, or in coordination with other FSEs and Administrative support, to ensure timely service and repairs
- Order anticipated repair parts
- Majority of time will be in the field, primarily in Southeast and neighboring states
- Most travel is M-F, with variable overnight weeknight travel at ~ 60-80%. Some travel to other areas of US as needed*
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Chemistry or related sciences
- 2+ years of experience with analytical instruments in field service or analytical labs; Mass Spectrometry, EA and TOC experience, preferred. Lab Chemists looking to move into Field Service, with relevant analytical lab experience, or relevant engineer degree, and aptitude for field service will be considered
- IQOQ, GMP and/or GLP experience is a plus
- Computer proficiency, including aptitude to learn application specific software
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills to work well with diverse individuals and groups, including customers, and company staff
- Effective time management and strong work ethic
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Ability to sit for extended periods, including while driving and time in planes, and ability to stand majority of time as needed, physical fitness and abiltiy to safely lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
Comp package includes competitive base salary (DOE) + car allowance + company provides equipment and expense reimbursement.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including: 401(k) match, medical, dental, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Please send resume and include Cover Letter stating three (3) or more reasons you are an excellent candidate for this position. This is a Company direct hire position.
Analytik Jena US is proud to be an Affirmative Action Employer: AA/EEO Employer/ Disabled/Veterans/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age