Pharmaceutical Marketing - MBA Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pharmaceutical Marketing - MBA Intern, are to:
- Develop and recommend marketing, sales and market access strategies and advanced tactics to improve the performance of existing businesses;
- Support the internship, opportunities will be offered with brand teams in different therapeutic areas and Managed Market functions, including:
- An 11-week intensive, summer program with effective orientation and onboarding program, with an opportunity to work closely with other MBA interns and collaborate with members of Bayer's Pharmaceutical Marketing and Sales Teams;
- A practical, hands-on assignment which will have direct involvement in a meaningful mission and allows the chance to demonstrate potential by leading projects or initiatives that will aim to maximize sales, marketing and profit growth for our Specialty Pharmaceutical business;
- An opportunity to work within a dynamic environment as a key contributor in championing business building ideas and presenting recommendations to Senior Management based on sound business analyses;
- Competitive salary and housing options.
Additionally, the Pharmaceutical Marketing - MBA Intern, under the direction of a Sr. Team Leader, will be primarily responsible for these major tasks:
- Assessing competitor's strengths, weaknesses, strategies and plans to recommend options to compete more effectively;
- Evaluating the attractiveness of specific consumer segments and recommending, as appropriate, how to position brand against these consumer segments;
- Quantifying incremental sales opportunities via increased distribution in new channels;
- Evaluating technologies/web based initiatives to increase marketing and sales messages to customers;
- Determining if consumer promotion programs are driving share of voice, loyalty and/or profitability;
- Defining internal processes identify best practices, pain points and opportunities for improvement, as well as, executing projects to disseminate best practices and/or address pain points and opportunities for improvement;
- Evaluating payer segmentation and recommend options to optimize.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment in a Master's of Business Administration program with a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in Marketing, Sales, General Business (Finance, Supply Chain, etc.) or similar function;
- Leadership, demonstrated through the ability to lead projects and willingness to work successfully with diverse team members, while establishing and delivering goals in a team or independent work environment;
- Integrity, supported by a proven record of delivering results by fostering open communication, effectively preparing written communication and speaking/presenting openly and honestly;
- Flexibility, evidenced in the ability to partner effectively and achieve results through influencing team members and agency partners, while understanding and incorporating customer needs in the decision making process;
- Efficiency, exhibited through strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations based on in-depth quantitative analyses, sound problem-solving and decision-making skills with demonstrated ability to identify key issues, consider customer needs, make well-support fact-based recommendations, and identify and implement appropriate actions within specific deadlines.
- Previous experience in the Healthcare industry.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States