Director Operational Controlling - Division Support
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Director Operational Controlling - Division Support is accountable for the overall direction and leadership of timely execution and delivery of Controlling processes (e.g. planning, forecasting, reporting and analytics) for the divisional Finance BP organizations and businesses. This position is responsible for the overall development and implementation of a customer-centric division support strategy, including integration of multi-divisional activities and on-going identification of additional centralization opportunities, with particular focus on automation, efficiency and harmonization. The Director Operational Controlling-Division Support partners closely with the divisional Finance BP organizations to drive high quality, value added delivery of all core Controlling services. He/she is also responsible for identifying and leading projects to further drive harmonization, simplicity, and efficiency across the Finance BP and Controlling groups.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director Operational Controlling - Division Support, are to:
- Lead activity in the analysis, development and implementation of harmonized processes (e.g. planning, forecasting, reporting and analytics) that will optimize the effectiveness and productivity of the Controlling group by providing core Controlling services to the divisional Finance BP and functional controlling organizations;
- Foster strong partnership and collaboration with Finance Business Partners in order to understand division and function strategies and provide business-centric expert guidance regarding options for Controlling services enabling the successful achievement of goals;
- Drive mindset of Controlling community to identify centralization, efficiency, and standardization opportunities to maximize support service offerings;
- Direct collaborative cross-functional and/or cross-divisional programs to identify and implement financial processes that improve efficiency, capture synergies across all businesses/functions and establish best practices;
- Lead co-located team across multiple locations ensuring they are delivering timely, high quality core Controlling services;
- Network with corresponding teams in other countries to establish community to leverage best practices;
- Support business development opportunities, ensuring that all financial aspects, including risk, of the business case have been fully considered, costed and appraised;
- Analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide recommendations for developing new or refined existing KPIs; including an analysis of Controlling's performance against its strategic priorities;
- Employ innovative tools and techniques of analysis to anticipate issues arising and give management advance warning of potential problem areas before they can have an impact on strategy;
- Act responsible for tracking improvements in Controlling and achievements against KPIs;
- Oversee documentation support, procedure, and the successful completion of financial initiatives for Controlling.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance related discipline required;
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience in positions of increasing responsibility and scope with at least 8 years of supervisory or management experience;
- Proven leadership skills that include the ability to build, develop, and retain strong teams;
- The ability to virtually manage direct and indirect reports;
- Ability to understand multi-dimensional situations, processes and recognize interdependencies while driving efficiency and simplicity;
- Ability to provide both tactical and strategic financial solutions in accordance with timelines;
- Proven track record as project manager or in key project roles;
- Provide both tactical and strategic financial direction;
- Continuous improvement (CI) mind-set, knowledge of CI methodology is beneficial (e.g. LEAN);
- Sound understanding of global Controlling standards and methodologies;
- English fluent written and spoken.
- MBA and/or a CPA or CMA;
- Proven and self-directed decision making and problem solving;
- Strong "Business Partnering" competencies: Business Insights; Strategic Mindset; Courage; Collaboration;
- Team spirit, strong communication, change management and constructive facilitation skills;
- Influencing with and without authority - proven ability to partner with cross-divisional and functional colleagues to gain alignment on solutions and activities;
- Demonstrated analytical skills, structured approach, proactive and self-motivated;
- Possess financial management skills in order to effectively analyze, integrate and convert financial data into meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Domestic and international relocation available
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States