Principal Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls Engineer, are to:
- Develop independently process control strategies and alarm and information management;
- Review and approve Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls (IEC)/Process Control Technology (PCT) requirements and develop documentation for IEC/PCT;
- Direct teams to analyze and define IEC/PCT requirements and to perform actual configuration and testing of control systems;
- Participate in all preliminary and process safety reviews with particular emphasis on IEC/PCT systems and equipment, interlocking, alarming, safety systems, etc;
- Direct designers, contractors, vendors, and technicians from conceptual design through construction and commissioning of IEC/ PCT systems;
- Generate all hardware and software documentation required to procure, configure, test, install and maintain the IEC/PCT system;
- Interface with other engineering disciplines, designers, operations, and maintenance personnel as necessary to achieve project objectives;
- Responsible for cost and schedule within assigned area of responsibility.
Domestic, International Relocation and Sponsorship is available
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university (or equivalent) in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Information Systems engineering with strong interest in control and/or power systems and eight or more (8)+ years' experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, or industrial facilities in Instrumentation, Electrical (I&E)/PCT design and engineering OR M.S. Degree and two to six (2-6) years' of experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, or industrial facilities in Instrumentation, Electrical (I&E)/PCT design and engineering OR Ph.D Degree and zero to four (0-4) years' experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, or industrial facilities in Instrumentation, Electrical (I&E)/PCT design and engineering;
- Professional registration and/or certification as appropriate;
- Excellent knowledge of PCT documentation, automation validation, qualification, quality assurance, etc.;
- Excellent knowledge of process control strategies and systems;
- Excellent knowledge of building automation and safety systems and industrial control networks;
- Knowledge of low/medium/high voltage electrical systems;
- Strong computer hardware and software skills;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant national and international standards in the area of process control, low voltage electrical, and instrumentation;
- Knowledge of project control skills including project planning, scheduling, cost control, and contract development;
- Experience in providing field support and participating in check out, commissioning, and start-up of process control installations;
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional teams and to participate in multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to deal with people at different levels of management, engineering and design, and with internal customers (e.g. engineering, maintenance, operations) and suppliers of PCT material and services;
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical and scope documents required for project execution;
- Willingness and availability to travel 20 - 50% depending on project or business needs.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States