Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Manager, are to:
- Maintain a close working relationship, with customer's management in order to define, plan, budget, and execute required capital projects;
- Provide direct technical and economic input on Appropriation Request preparation;
Who you are
- Identify requirements and secure the necessary engineering discipline, engineering services, procurement and construction support to execute the capital plans and/or the assigned projects (internal and/or outsourcing). Supervise the activities of project engineers and discipline personnel assigned to the projects;
- Coordinate activities as required with the respective Engineering Discipline Consultants;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the many support groups within Bayer in order to obtain timely input of their requirements into the capital projects and their assistance in project execution; these departments or groups include Corporate and Site Environmental Control, Industrial Hygiene and Plant Safety, Site Mechanical and PCS Maintenance and Engineering, Plant Administration and Planning, Procurement, Accounting and Law Departments, as well as the many groups in Engineering & Technology - Americas and QA/QC and Regulatory Affairs Departments, if applicable;
- Participate in Project Steering Committees and function as a focal point between Project Team and Steering Committee on project issues and decisions;
- Maintain a liaison relationship with Bayer AG colleagues during Technology Transfers and appropriate project execution phases;
- Prepare and execute Capital Projects in accordance with department vision, mission, commitment and goals; includes selection of engineering, procurement and construction approaches, selection of potential vendors and contractors, evaluation of bids and approval of successful candidates; also includes qualification and validation approaches, if applicable;
- Provide management with updated analysis and projections on the status of capital projects focusing on management of change, schedule compliance, cost control and major project highlights.
Relocation Assistance is available
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- B.S. and nine or more years;
- M.S. and eight or more years;
- Ph.D. and five or more years;
- Professional registration and/or certifications as appropriate;
- In-depth knowledge of project engineering management principles and practices;
- Managerial abilities to supervise and lead a large group of technical people on a multi-disciplined team for major capital project(s);
- Experience in all phases of a project from conceptual planning and design through qualification/validation and regulatory licensing;
- Significant experience directly related to the principles and procedures (both in-house and outsourcing methods) of process/project engineering and experience in controlling and integrating the activities associated with design/construction projects;
- Evaluation of proposals from various levels of people and groups (both within and outside the company), is frequent and requires good communicative skills and the ability to influence and direct others toward common objectives;
- Good communication skills and computer literacy;
- Willingness to execute projects at remote locations with 20 - 60% or more travel;
- General understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) requirements and responsibilities.
- An understanding of general business principles and procedures in the handling of cost-related aspects of project management;
- Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent;
- PMP Certification;
- Professional engineer certification;
- Secondary language (Spanish, Portuguese).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: MO-Kansas City