Technician II, Mail
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
Coordinate pick-up of mail and packages being returned or moved internally and deliver
incoming mail and packages to customers and mail stops.
- Operate mail equipment.
- Provide assistance to high priority customers or special shipments
Accurately receive incoming packages, verify items against packing slip, process into
receiving system and close purchase orders in SAP if required.
- Represent Delivery Services as SME when required.
- Use computer applications to investigate and reroute miss-directed mail and packages.
Prepare pallets for transportation and move to various dock staging areas. Utilize various
regulations and policies. Print and sort manifests for selected freight and place on pallet for Delivery Routes.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment for the delivery of packages and obtain a certification for a forklift operator if required.
- High School Graduate or GED and be able to read, understand and enter information into detailed training records, and IT systems all written in English.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Delivery Services.
Must be capable of lifting up to 70 lbs., walking, standing, stooping and climbing ladders
as well handling heavy packages and operating moving equipment in indoors.
- Must be capable of safely operating high speed inserting, sorting and encoding machinery.
- Must have valid driver's license when operating company vehicles on public roadways.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
If you are interested in a career with AbbVie, our culture, news and work environment, join our Talent Community to learn more.
Connect with us!