Bio-analytical Assoc Scientist, CART/Cell Therapy
Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.Bio-Analytical Associate Scientist (I/II), CART/Cell TherapyWarren, NJ
B.S. or M.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Engineering, related discipline
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue on our path of rapid growth. If you'd like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
As part of the Product Attributes Sciences group, the energetic and motivated scientist will design, perform and interpret complex experiments related to development of novel analytical tools and characterization of final product and process intermediates for CAR-T products. This role will support the activities related to the identification of product critical quality attributes, in collaboration with Process/Analytical Development, Translational Development, Clinical and Immuno-Oncology research functions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute/implement analytical and characterization experiments of moderate complexity and dimensionality
- Data organization in laboratory notebooks and data analysis/reporting
- Support team members through team work and collaboration
- Build a basic knowledge of cell therapy development and awareness of competitive landscape in the cellular immune-oncology space
- Grow and enhance skills sets related to analytical development and immunological techniques
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
- B.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 0-2 years of relevant experience is required
- Ability to work under moderate technical supervision and perform operational tasks independently is required
- Basic knowledge in mammalian cell culture techniques, including isolation of immune cell subsets, maintenance and expansion of primary cells and cell lines is required
- Knowledge of basic immunology techniques is required, FACS, immunofluorescence, ELISA, PCR, cytokine and chemokine detection, cell-based bioassays is desired
- Experience with analytical method development for a variety of cell-based bioassays, binding assays and/or residual impurity assays is preferred
- High motivation and drive to acquire new skills.
- Willingness to work in a regulated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please visit www.celgene.com to learn more about current opportunities at Celgene. To apply for this position, please visit the career section.
- Celgene Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.