Senior Manager Global Market Access & Pricing - Oncology
The Senior Manager, Global Market Access & Pricing - Oncology, is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing global market access, pricing and reimbursement initiatives and tactical plans aligned to the PIVOTAL GMAP PRA Excellence Road Map and the GMCO/GCD Commercial Roadmap & overarching AbbVie Asset Strategy preparing for launch.
- Ensuring critical clinical and economic evidence requirements to ensure PRA success are incorporated into the development plan and translated into PRA resources for use by Areas and Affiliates with external stakeholders.
- This position supports the Director, Global Market Access & Pricing - Oncology in payer value propositions/stories and ultimately as we approach launch providing tools and support to the market access teams in Areas and Affiliates.
The position works closely with Area and affiliate personnel in determining appropriate responses/actions to developmental milestone decision points with regards to implications for local pricing and/or reimbursement issues.
This person will also work closely with the Pricing and Analytics Team within Global Market Access & Pricing to track development of competitor pricing and initial pricing strategy.
The Senior Manager, Global Market Access & Pricing - Oncology is to work cross-functionally to maximize deliverables within the budget allocated by GCT or GBT leaders and drive a remarkable impact for patients through optimized patient access, while ensuring compliance and risk management.
This individual will exemplify AbbVie leadership principles and provide innovative, strategic, and evidence based supported direction as the subject matter expert in reimbursement and market access opportunities and challenges.
The position is a key strategic position which requires strong analytical skills, the ability to understand and translate clinical information and messages into payer value messages, strong presentation skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
This position requires a deep understanding of the clinical aspects and the impact of these clinical results on the value of products, as well as the competitive products in this market space.
The senior manager needs to provide policy and advocacy related inputs to build the market access strategy as well as identify its impact on PRA.
- In collaboration with the Director, Global Market Access and Pricing - Oncology proactively ensuring reimbursement perspective is incorporated into clinical development plan as well as multi-functional therapeutic and product assessments throughout key clinical development milestones.
- In collaboration with the Director, Global Market Access and Pricing - Oncology, leverage Evidence Based Medicine expertise and clinical background, deep global payer knowledge, research and competitive insights to develop the early engagement tools for pre-launch compounds and GVD, communication tools and training for approved product(s) seeking access and reimbursement.
- Generate global payer value propositions for new products that are aligned with the product's total emerging value proposition (physicians, payers, and patients) and the product's target product profile.
• Collaboration with GHEOR, Global Business Intelligence, Government Affairs, Global Marketing, Global Commercial Development, Global Medical Affairs and complimentary Area & Affiliate Functions, to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area.
- Through internal collaboration and management of external Partners & vendors conduct pertinent therapeutic and disease areas reviews, and advisory boards, which includes but not limited to general market access landscape, payers unmet needs, current standard of care, competitors' value proposition and pricing & reimbursement status, and payers' decision.
- Capture external insights through direct field visits to payers, bringing critical thinking to feedback on PRA strategy.
- In collaboration with the Director, Global Market Access and Pricing, co-construct the Global Market Access and Pricing Plan, ensuring high level strategic thinking and payer-archetype level differentiation, taking into account specific and general value drivers that impact the overall strategy. Construct the tactical plan, considering pragmatic operationalization factors together with areas and affiliates. Ensure alignment of both strategic and tactical plan to the overarching brand strategy.
- Together with areas and affiliates, provide account level overall strategic and tactical guidance, including but not limited to, account segmentation, account prioritization, identification of access hurdles at account level and adaptation of the overarching value story.
- Assist in project management with regards to purchasing support, opening of POs; ensuring appropriate documentation is in place in line with company procedures and storage of pertinent documents to assigned projects.
- BA/BS in pharmacy, economics, life sciences or comparable equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of being able to successfully interact with all levels of area, affiliate and influence without authority across divisions (including Global Commercial Leaders, Forecasting, Clinical Development, HEOR, Medical Affairs and Regulatory, as well as peer equivalents in other market access teams and the market access community as a whole).
- Must be up to date on the latest compliance issues pertaining to Corporate guidelines, interactions with HCPs and External Experts and the conduct of market research.
- The candidate must possess strong leadership, intrapersonal, critical thinking and analytical skills to work with a variety of groups in ensuring that the strategic direction for market access and pricing is in balance with the market as well as corporate goals.
- The candidate must be willing to work across a range of products, in pipeline, near market and on market in a variety of therapeutic areas, as needs dictate.
The candidate must be sensitive to cultural and market differences as they will interact and travel to multiple countries in their role.
- This candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years manager of progressive experience preferably in a variety of areas including market access, value proposition or managed care marketing, key account management, payer support, commercial marketing, HEOR, pricing and reimbursement, and payer policy.
- MBA, MS, Pharm D, or other advanced degree preferred.
- A Background in global market access, health economics or health care policy, managed care, payer marketing or a related field is preferred.
- Strong interest in clinical and health economic data is desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory agency requirements / policies that govern market approval, and the impact on reimbursement decisions.
- Knowledge of pricing regulations, pricing governance in key global markets, standard operating procedures, and the business of healthcare in key markets.
- Experience across multiple therapeutic areas including Oncology is highly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- 25% Travel