2018 BTS Intern
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
BTS Internship Program Description
As an AbbVie intern, you'll participate in a paid, twelve-week summer program that involves social and development activities, along with paid housing and shuttle services for eligible students. You'll work on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide, while also combining technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem solving.
As an intern you will be located at our corporate headquarters in the north suburban Chicagoland area. AbbVie's worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of functional areas, including:
· Commercial Operations
· Enterprise Systems
· Information Research
· Information Security
· Infrastructure Services
· Manufacturing OperationsQualifications
- Individuals must be currently enrolled in a four-year college degree program or Master's program in Management Information Systems, or Computer Science with substantial information systems coursework
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship
- Strong academic performance (minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0) or above
- Candidates must be returning to school for at least one semester following this summer 2018
- Completed business/information management courses
- Completed prior internships
- Proven track record of team work, adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity
- Excellent communication, leadership and project management skills
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Business Technology Solutions Development Program (BTSDP) after they graduate. AbbVie's BTSDP is a two-year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of areas that include: managing projects, technical development, systems analysis, and business process review. The goal of the program is to identify and develop AbbVie's future BTS leaders. If you are interested and want more information visit www.abbviecareers.com and look under student opportunities.
We participate in several on-campus events (such as: information sessions, career fairs and conduct interviews while on campus). Interested candidates, please check the career services schedules at your school for the recruiting event schedule. AbbVie also posts our BTS Internships and Development Programs on our career website, if your school isn't listed, please visit www.abbviecareers.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled