Senior Manager of Data Science
Amgen is seeking a Senior Manager of Data Science who will be primarily responsible for analyzing business performance and leveraging machine learning algorithms to evaluate potential opportunities and enable step change in business performance.
The Senior Manager of Data Science will be an outstanding leader who can leverage his/her quantitative expertise to challenge status quo, drive automation to free up resources for strategic priorities of the company, and enable Amgen's digital transformation. The Incumbent will also be responsible for driving predictive and prescriptive analytics by leveraging machine learning/ AI, and disrupting current Operations business processes to provide a step change in performance and/or patient experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Data Science include:
- Leverages his/her quantitative expertise to challenge status quo, drive automation to free up resources for strategic priorities of the company, and enable Amgen's digital transformation
- Builds mutually beneficial partnerships with cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, IS, Commercial, Regions, Sites, etc. to understand business objectives, evaluate strategic options, develop business cases, present findings to drive agile decisions, and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders towards achieving business transformation
- Applies advanced data analytics tools (such as predictive/ prescriptive algorithms and machine learning) to increase the power of our data and leverage broad understanding of multiple disciplines (including finance and IS) to evaluate the impact of business trends and their implications for Amgen
- Develops innovative solutions to complex problems without precedents by developing new tools and processes and performing in-depth analysis to achieve strategic objectives
Doctorate degree and 2 years of engineering analytics and/or finance analytics and/or business analytics and/or life sciences experience
Master's degree and 6 years of engineering analytics and/or finance analytics and/or business analytics and/or life sciences experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of engineering analytics and/or finance analytics and/or business analytics and/or life sciences experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of engineering analytics and/or finance analytics and/or business analytics and/or life sciences experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of engineering analytics and/or finance analytics and/or business analytics and/or life sciences experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Statistical or mathematical modeling experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically financial analysis, budgeting, risk analysis, and statistical methods
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across all areas of Amgen Operations as well as partnership with R&D and Commercial stakeholders (Finance, Tax, Manufacturing, Logistics, Regulatory, Process Development, and Engineering)
- Good business acumen; high-level strategic thinking and good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to complex problems, pragmatic scoping & problem solving approach
- Ability to objectively evaluate options/trade-offs and develop Executive management-level recommendations using Decision-making tools
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.