Reliability & Lifecycle Engineer
Develop and execute the systems and asset lifecycle strategy for manufacturing systems. The primary role is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations through Life Cycle Management (LCM), Loss Elimination and Risk Management. Focuses on design, testing and management of complex systems over their life cycles. Supports all phases of system's and/or asset's existence to include system conception (critical parameter definition), design and development, construction, qualification, operation, verification, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
- Develop and implement lifecycle management plans that ensures reliability, availability, maintainability, safety, sustainability, accessibility and ergonomics RAMS2(AE) of new and modified assets (manufacturing, utilities and labs).
- Develop and support the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Leads the development and execution of the Site asset replacement strategy.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning/qualification plans
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria, participates in the final check out of new installations, which includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations in the areas of capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues
- Provides technical support to manufacturing, asset management and technical personnel
- Develops asset replacement strategy, applying value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Applies data analysis techniques that can include statistical process control (SPC), reliability modeling and prediction, fault tree analysis, weibull analysis, six sigma (6σ) methodology
- Applies Root-cause, Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA) and Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) tools
- Lead analysis of assets that includes asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), remaining useful life, and other analysis that define operating condition, reliability and cost of assets.
- Degree in Science or Engineering, generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering, a related discipline, or its equivalent and applicable industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance.
- Direct experience reliability engineering or asset/systems lifecycle engineering is preferred.
- Experience with Health Authority Inspections, External Auditors, Corporate and Internal Auditors preferred.
- Familiarity with distributed control systems and automation.
- A working understanding of lean principles is preferred. Excellent project management, communication, and technical writing skills are required.
- The successful candidate will possess the professionalism and technical competency required to represent the department before our customers, regulatory agencies, and management.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation such as P and IDs, Process Flow diagrams and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proven ability working in a matrix environment and leading multi-level / cross functional teams to achieve the highest performance in meeting site and departmental objectives.