Associate Process Development Engineer
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 13,000 employees across 170 sites in 35 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Process Development Associate Engineer in Pharmaceutical Development to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
The Associate Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execution of experiments using written and verbal instructions from study sponsors while following GMP and GLP practices and procedures as needed.
- Applying a general knowledge of proteins and antibodies.
- Operating and maintaining small- and pilot-scale manufacturing equipment such as lyophilizers, mixers, fillers, isolators.
- Operating and maintaining laboratory-based analytical instruments such as differential scanning calorimeter (DSC), manual/automated Karl-Fisher (KF) titrator, powder surface area (BET) analyzer, viscometer, pH meter, picarro analyzer.
- Manage tasks as requested by multiple study sponsors.
- Data analysis using Excel, Matlab, JMP and other data analysis software.
- General wet lab skills supporting studies related to the development, optimization, characterization, and validation of drug product unit operations (e.g. buffer preparation, mixing, filtration, freeze/thaw, filling sterile containers, lyophilization, sterilization, inspection, and/or environmental decontamination).
- Document findings in electronic and hardcopy format following GDP practices.
- Prepare data for presentations and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within and outside the department.
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data.
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems as needed.
- Initiate and perform investigations and development as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A working knowledge of chemical engineering and physical chemistry.
- Strong scientific, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be team oriented, dependable and a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, dependable, and having a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, multi-tasking, attention to details, keep accurate and timely records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Some experience with operating DSC, KF titration and/or lyophilization equipment although training will be provided.
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP best practices is a plus.
- Solid-state protein characterization experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Matlab and Python programming is a plus.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry or other related degree concentration, with 1-2 years of industrial experience, or 1-2 years of academic research experience.
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- A good understanding of engineering principles is a plus.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.