Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) performs testing in the CLIA-certified laboratory, participates in quality control, quality assurance and troubleshooting activities. A CLS performs duties under general direction, carrying out work assignments in accordance with policies and objectives established by the Clinical Laboratory Manager (CLM)or designee. A CLS III is expected to plan and organize his or her own work, determining work methods and assisting in the determination of priorities and deadlines. Completed work is reviewed by the CLM or designee to verify the achievement of expected results.
- Tuesday-Saturday 4:00pm to 12:30pm
- Tuesday-Saturday 10:30am to 7:00pm
- Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports and maintain records of test results.
- May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
- Comply with CareDx quality control policies and document QC activities including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
- Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
- Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation.
- Document corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Teach/train CareDx policy, methods and techniques to new employees; may perform inservice and competency testing of employees.
- Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
- Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
- Under direction of the CLM, investigate and follow-up on proficiency testing, quality control results and patient testing that does not meet standards.
- Perform additional duties and projects assigned by the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, the CareDx mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and ethical behavior.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
- Held California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
- BS/BA in a biology-related science
- At least 6 years of experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with CareDx employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience in immunology, microbiology or related fields is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
Benefits & Perks: We provide Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care, Commuter Accounts, 401(k) match, 3 weeks of vacation, 5 days sick leave, 1 personal floating holiday, 9 paid holidays, gym reimbursement, yoga onsite, ping pong, foosball, BBQ’s, social hours, and more!
Please send cover letter and resume to: HR@CareDx.com
- Please specify your shift preference in the subject line of your email
CareDx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.