Preclinical Development Operations Associate
Neurocrine Biosciences is a San Diego based biotechnology company focused on neurologic, psychiatric and endocrine related disorders. The Company’s three late-stage clinical programs are: elagolix, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist for women’s health that is partnered with AbbVie Inc.; opicapone, a novel, once-daily, peripherally-acting, highly-selective catechol-o-methyltransferase inhibitor under investigation as adjunct therapy to levodopa in Parkinson’s patients; and INGREZZA™ (valbenazine), a novel, once-daily, selective VMAT2 inhibitor under investigation for the treatment of Tourette Syndrome. INGREZZA (valbenazine) capsules was approved by the FDA on April 11, 2017 for the treatment of adults with tardive dyskinesia and is currently commercialized by Neurocrine in the United States.
The Preclinical Development department is seeking an Operations Associate to oversee all aspects of external vendor contracting and invoicing. As their primary responsibility, this individual will interact extensively with Preclinical Development colleagues and vendors to generate contracts, manage contract approval by Finance and Legal colleagues, and track invoicing of studies by external vendors. This individual will also assist Preclinical Development colleagues through the generation and maintenance of a system/process for tracking conduct and reporting of internal and external studies. In addition, this individual will contribute to the finalization of internal and external study reports through preparation of requested report components (eg, graphs, tables, data entry) and/or report QC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Oversee the generation and approval of contracts and subsequent invoicing of external projects conducted by Preclinical Development
- Develop and maintain a Preclinical Development tracking system for internal and external studies, including reagents, compound and reference standards
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of internal and external study reports and summary documents (data summaries, graphing, QC, etc)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) or other spreadsheet and project management tools
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacology or related science, preferably with at least 4 years experience in an ADME, Toxicology or Bioanalytical laboratory