Senior Project Manager
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for a highly motivated Senior Project Manager who is a biopharma industry professional with experience in managing clinical stage projects in a global setting. Candidates will have the ability to facilitate cross-functional activities and to leverage their industry expertise, acute attention to detail and drive to succeed to develop strategic clinical and commercial plans. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the operational excellence of clinical phase programs, including oversight and coordination of activities, timelines and associated deliverables. This position will report to the Director of Project Management and will be located in Seattle, WA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads the clinical trial strategic project-planning process, monitors progress, drives execution and in combination with Clinical leadership, assumes accountability for timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Works closely and effectively with cross-functional development team members, consultants and vendors to develop high level project strategies and planning scenarios.
- Develops, manages and maintains high level and detailed timelines of the development plan and ensures that the functional resources and forecasts are aligned with global project timelines.
- Leads the preparation of project budgets, facilitates appropriate review, analyzes results against the budgets/forecasts and provides responses for variances.
- Analyzes and manages the critical path, evaluates potential means to accelerate the pace or mitigate identified risks, and plans contingencies with input from various functions.
- Creates communication plans, maintains open and proactive lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with CROs. Prepares statements of work; schedules, monitors and reports progress; initiates and chairs meetings; follows up on action items.
- Prepares project dashboards to support business development, licensing and intellectual property activities.
- Prepares project progress reports, identifies and anticipates issues which threaten project timeline and/or budget.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
University degree and a minimum of 8-10 years of clinical project management experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry with prior oncology experience. A combination of a Project Management Professional (“PMP”) certification, a graduate-level degree and/or an accounting designation preferred. Clinical product candidates for which the applicant had project management responsibilities should be included by name if permissible in the application materials.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A track record of managing complex, multi-faceted clinical projects while demonstrating ownership and accountability for the timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment.
- Understanding of critical path and timeline implications of activity lead, floats and lag, as well as mitigation strategies and risk analysis approaches.
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet or other gantting software) and data analysis software (Tableau, Spotfire or other business intelligence software).
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please click "Apply now". Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.