Preclinical Pharmacokinetics Intern, Summer 2018
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This person will be working in Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic in Tarrytown, NY. PPKPD provides pharmacokinetic, toxicokinetic and pharmacodynamic assessment in nonclinical species to support pre-IND, IND-enabling and post-IND activities for drug candidates (most are monoclonal antibodies). For the purpose of better understanding differences observed in the PK of different molecules, one approach would be to study the pharmacological properties of the drug-target interactions and to explore the mechanistic influence on the absorption, distribution and elimination of drug molecules. The student's project will focus on data collection, internally from Regeneron's documents or externally from literature search, to seek and sort the data describing drug-target binding affinity, target level, target turnover rate, etc. Data from different non-clinical species and humans can be summarized and a database could be constructed. The student is expected to be enrolled in biology-related majors, with a good understanding of drug-target interactions and PK principles. Experience and interest in literature/database/document search is essential and previous experience with noncomparmental and compartmental PK data analysis is helpful.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate student
• Must be pursuing a degree in Biology or related field
• Experience with literature, database, and document search and summarization
• Must have a good understanding about drug-target interaction and PK principals, preferably with some experience of noncompartmental and compartmental PK data analysis.
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's degree
• Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12102BR