Senior Research Associate - Protein Engineering (192155W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our Protein Engineering group in Hayward, California. In this role you will support the discovery and optimization of novel plant traits to help feed the world. If you are a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for laboratory research, this may be a fit for you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Use numerous molecular biology and directed evolution techniques to plan, conduct and analyze experiments to support multiple research projects
• Support research activity by assisting in planning and effectively conducting experiments; recording and analyzing data
• Ensure efficient daily operation of laboratories and maintains good lab notebooks and sample tracking
The following are required:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a biology related field of study with at least four years of relevant laboratory experience
• Skilled in DNA vector design and construction, protein production, purification and characterization
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools, DNA and data analysis software
• Strong ability to concisely summarize and integrate data working in multifunctional project teams
• Team player with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
The following are preferred:
• HTP assay development, laboratory automation, phage and yeast display, library construction
Corteva Agriscience™, the agriculture division of DowDuPont™, is the only major agriscience company completely dedicated to agriculture. By combining the colossal strengths of DuPont Pioneer, DuPont Crop Protection and Dow AgroSciences, we've harnessed agriculture's brightest minds and expertise gained over two centuries of scientific achievement to enrich the lives of producers and consumers alike. We are driven by our beliefs and our purpose, which is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.