GPS OPEX NETWORK DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Head of GPS Operational Excellence & Project Management Office (OpEx PMO) and a member of the OpEx PMO Leadership Team, this position will lead strategic and operational priorities for OpEx PMO. This position will be responsible for the successful execution of major cross-functional initiatives applying common principles, systems, and tools toward the sustainable improvement of key performance metrics. In order to achieve this, it will be critical that this position work with leaders across GPS to meet business objectives and build the foundations to drive continuous, sustainable, flawless execution and performance improvement.
• Driving Change Management to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across Global Manufacturing and Supply (GPS) with increasing external focus and embedding it into our daily work
• Leading the shift in mindset and behavior in regards to operational excellence and continuous improvement across our global GPS sites; Translating GPS's role in Bristol-Myers Squibb's success into the Operational Excellence vision, strategy, continuous improvement efforts and shift in mindset; implementation of step-change Operational Excellence critical capabilities for both the direct and broader GPS professionals
• Driving the evaluation of existing processes and the development of plans to improve processes across GPS
• Building, maintaining and leveraging relationships across the matrix to identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate the implementation and continuous monitoring of processes and staying up to date on developments in process improvement methodologies and best practices
• Provide the necessary leadership to promote change throughout the organization and continue to develop and lead a world class continuous improvement practices
• Establish a culture of accountability throughout the organization by facilitating an effective goal deployment process that aligns with business unit and corporate goals
• Integrate Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing tools to consistently improve process yields, reduce waste and drive productivity
• Leading and managing all aspects of continuous improvement efforts within a division, including strategy, organization development and deployment
• Establish a clear set of leading Value Stream and Operational Metrics that ensures early identification of issues to allow timely corrective action
• Supporting cost management by making implementation choices consistent with financial goals, manages high level performance by taking into account recommendations from project leaders and participants
• Developing business improvement planning processes that aligns and prioritizes improvement projects linked to business strategy and business planning at corporate and operational levels
• Collaborating with leadership cross-functionally to ensure effective execution of improvement projects while reviewing P&L scope, resources needs and business objectives
• Coaching / mentoring stakeholders at all levels to support them through the adoption of lean principles and practices
• Assessing, analyzing and implementing solutions across the division to identify and eliminate waste, organize around Lean processes and deliver excellence on safety, environmental, quality, productivity and cost
• Facilitating the selection and scope of specific improvement projects while coordinating with leaders to eliminate barriers and raise awareness if / when needed
Professional experience and qualifications
• Scientific or Engineering Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience in Operations /Operational Excellence roles in Chemical/Life science/Biotech industry utilizing "lean" principles. Over 5 years of Senior management experience
• Track record of success in the rigorous planning, execution and timely delivery of enterprise level projects and programs.
• Proven innovation & opportunity identification translated to tangible initiatives and successful execution of projects.
• Builds relationships, able to negotiate & influence, and manage change in matrix environment. .
• 10 + years' experience in a high tech/manufacturing environment.
• Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt or Master Blackbelt Certification
• Demonstrated proficiency and passion for lean methodology, tools and manufacturing process improvement.
• Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence.
• Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen.
• Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in related software.