US Access Scientific Content Lead- Innovative Medicines: Director
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Leads payer focused scientific content activities for Innovative Medicines
- Manages team of 3-8 asset leads/contractors and ensures appropriate oversight on
- Development of comprehensive, balanced, credible and accurate documents that are used to appropriately communicate with customers involved in evidence-based healthcare decisions including but not limited to payor organizations, access influencers, pharmacy benefit managers, specialty pharmacies, compendia publishers, guideline bodies and technology assessment entities.
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidance's and BMS policies and procedures,
- Evaluation and interpretation medical literature, abstract and writing medical information in various formats (formulary dossiers, medical information letters, slide presentations, compendia submissions etc.)
- Development and management of the production of AMCP dossiers and content letters utilizing HEOR data
- Matrix management across medical matrix teams/value teams and senior stakeholders in innovative medicines.
- Leads payer focused scientific content activities for 1 asset or early pipeline
- Evaluates and contributes to scientific content and medical information and processes for development of scientific content and responding to unsolicited inquiries
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects, provides solutions to complex problems, and delivers complete and accurate information within deadlines.
- Leads departmental efforts to develop, implement or further improve processes and operations. This may involve non-clinical and non-product types of responsibilities such as systems/technology, quality assurance, writing policies and procedures.
- Ability to network with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise
- Demonstrates an understanding of the applicable legal, regulatory and compliance framework applicable to pharmacovigilance issues, health economics and outcomes research and promotional materials as they pertain to medical information.
- Maintains awareness of current industry practices that pertain to Medical Information
• Doctor of Pharmacy or equivalent, HEOR fellowship or masters in public health/epidemiology/HEOR preferred
• 7 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry related work experience specifically related to medical information, medical communications, or HEOR
• Experience managing a team
• Cardiovascular/immunoscience experience strongly preferred
• Experience developing scientific publications preferred
• Extensive, proven experience in AMCP dossier and other evidence-based scientific writing, review and assessments
- Experience of providing medical and health economics and outcomes information service within the US pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to apply managed care concepts and knowledge to customize the communication documents to meet the evidence requirements of payor/access customers
- Understanding of comparative effectiveness research (CER) and health technology assessment (HTA) landscape is desirable, as well as the ability to review, assess and synthesize CER, health outcomes and pharmacoeconomic evidence
- Proficient at managing multiple, complex and competing priorities; Strong time management and project management skills; capable of expert coverage across multiple disease states
• Knowledge of BMS products or related disease states
• Knowledge of the field of medical information and medical communication, including the applicable legal, regulatory and compliance framework surrounding the communication of medical information and health economics information
• Knowledge of management information systems, databases and digital application of information
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications competency; attentive listening skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail