CORDS LEAD, IMD
This position is a management role with responsibility for leading a team of CORDS Research Scientists in the consultation, design and execution of real-world studies, leading customer engagement with functional and market leads to provide consultation and define the team book of work, managing timelines and deliverable quality, maintaining organizational alignment with BMS customers and external stakeholders (vendors, research support), and advancing organizational knowledge and capabilities through scientific and managerial development and training. The position will apply an advanced knowledge of observational research methods, analytics and real-world data to BMS research questions emerging from a broad array of customers and address questions across early- and late-stage drug development, product launch and life cycle management. The role requires a thorough understanding of BMS' research priorities, mastery of clinical, genomic and numerous types of real world data resources both inside and external to BMS, a strong execution focus to deliver a robust research agenda tuned to a broad set of customer needs, and excellent communication skills to establish strong links with strategic leaders across the organization.
- Lead research team supporting multiple asset- and market-facing customers (HEOR, PV, Access, Medical, Clinical Trial Analytics) by prioritizing and organizing projects, facilitating development of research plans, organizing Scientists around asset priorities, ensuring quality results and partnering with BMS scientists in the delivery of research information and business insights.
- Provide BMS research functions with consultative support on non-interventional research questions including assisting with resolution of methodological questions, implementation issues, interpretation of results and presentation / manuscript development as needed to ensure high quality, value-driven research projects.
- Support Observational Protocol Review Committee (OPRC) with methodological review and approval recommendations as assigned.
- Develop real world data sources and research opportunities globally through partnerships that support R&D, HEOR, PV and Access priorities.
- Conduct non-interventional research projects using retrospective data resources in support of CORDS customer need.
- Prioritize and assign research projects across research teams.
- Guide matrix staff in development of functional and behavioral skills related to job performance.
- Communicate project status and results / insights effectively to all stakeholders.
- Assess information environment and analytical tool set to ensure current and future needs are identified.
- Enable the integration of innovative methods / applications to business units through various presentation media.
- Influence initiatives through effective relationship building. Advises customer groups on research agenda, data sourcing and methods.
- Proactively develop KOL / partner network to develop effective research strategies.
Experiences Required for Success
- 7+ years' experience in pharmaceutical outcomes research, pharmaco-epidemiology, health services research or related field
- 3+ years' management responsibility of a research function.
- 5+ years' experience using large retrospective data sets in the conduct of epidemiologic and economic research
- Extensive experience with protocol development and execution for health and economic outcomes research projects
- Proven capabilities in stakeholder engagement and matrix team leadership.
- Proven strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Experience with EU-and Asia / Pacific-based protocol-driven NIR preferred.
- PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology or related quantitative research field
- Strong technical and scientific knowledge in research methods applied to healthcare including non-interventional scientific disciplines
- Awareness of the drug development & commercialization process, HTA assessment methodologies, global reimbursement environment, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and competitors (strategy, drug discovery, marketed products, R&D, outcomes research and marketing).