Head, Strategic Partner Management
The Head of Strategic Partner Management (SPM) leads a multi-disciplinary team responsible for external partner and supplier relationship management in Product Development (PD) to achieve performance within a global external network. As a point of partnership for Global Procurement (GP), the Head of SPM works with PD functional areas to build and maintain portfolio enabling sourcing strategies and to ensure that the external network delivers the speed, agility and flexibility required to support a dynamic development portfolio.
Primary accountabilities of the role are:
- Establishes and manages a supplier relationship management program within PD in partnership with Global Procurement and Operations-External Manufacturing to achieve supplier performance and network sustainability. Single point of contact for Global Procurement for supplier approaches and issue escalation.
- Acts as the PD lead within the GP category strategy and planning process, partnering with key stakeholders to achieve network goals and objectives, and to establish a network that delivers innovation, bridges technology gaps, and supports turnkey capacity solutions.
- Serves as the single point of contact in PD for supplier enablement strategies (master services agreements, etc.) and contract development.
- Drives simplification within sourcing activities with clear roles and responsibilities in a cooperative model.
- Identifies opportunities for integration across PD functions to increase simplification and value without compromising the outcome for individual business units (e.g., supplier network strategy)
- Leads or participates in budget planning and management for external book of work providing input on cost-effective approaches.
Background and requirements:
- BS/MS degree in engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biological sciences or related science with an MBA or similar background preferable
- 10+ years in external manufacturing and supplier relationship management, or related experience, preferably in an R&D environment, with significant exposure to and interaction with CMC development activities (API, drug substance, drug product, analytical). Experience in both biologics and small molecules a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and or make decisions across a broad spectrum of contexts, ranging from operating tactics, supply networks, quality/compliance risks, budget/resource trade-offs, and high-level strategic considerations
- Broad pharmaceutical development or product life cycle knowledge, with demonstrated experience working across different R&D and manufacturing functions (e.g., clinical, clinical operations, supply chain, clinical supplies)
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and execute business processes across organizational seems
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding results through leadership of an operating function and matrix teams