Manufacturing Technician IV - 1st Shift
We are seeking a Manufacturing Technician, IV to join our AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. This resource will perform functions associated with cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production facility, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components and final materials. Uses sophisticated programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), with 4+ years area specific relevant experience.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.