Director of Information Systems- Global Commercial Supply Chain
Amgen is seeking a Director of Information Systems (IS) - Global Commercial Supply Chain to join the Operations Information Systems (OIS) organization at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Director will report to the Head of Information and Operations Technology.
The Director will be the IS Lead for the Global Commercial Supply Chain function (>500 users) and will also serve as the IS Site-lead for all manufacturing functions at the Amgen Louisville Distribution center (LDC). The Incumbent will continue to evolve a program focused on digitizing all commercial Supply Chain business processes. Also, the Director will partner with other parts of the organization to advance data analytics and assess emerging technologies and to ensure cross-functional alignment with teams such as Sales & Marketing and Clinical Supply Chain. Thus, the Director will advise and influence the best mix of new and existing technology in support of Commercial Supply Chain's global vision. In alignment with his/her Business Partners, the Director will drive process digitization and lead development and implementation of digital solutions to streamline data capture and consumption.
Operations Information Systems (OIS) is accountable for the delivery of the information and Operations technology systems that enable the successful development, design, manufacturing, distribution and commercialization of Amgen products. OIS manages the development and execution of the IT strategy, architecture and operations by delivering business information systems, automation, IT services and digital technology solutions and devices.
Key Responsibilities of the Director Include:
- Business partner engagement and stakeholder management to align business strategy with technology strategy and delivery, promoting collaboration; identifies and meets with key players and stakeholders to help them shape a consensus collectively and engages in dialogue to reach a conclusion together, compromising as necessary for results
- Translates Commercial Supply Chain's vision for leveraging data and advanced analytics into detailed actions
- Leads technology design, development and implementation of new digital capabilities, aligning those efforts with the OIS Architecture blueprint as well as the Amgen Technology City Planning.
- Ensures adherence to compliance / legal regulations for all technology under purview, with special attention to GMP compliance of Manufacturing and ERP systems
- Hires, mentors, develops, leads, and deploys talented information systems professionals who will work closely with supply chain personnel to create innovative and effective information solutions for the different supply chain capabilities and regions
- Collaborates with the various IS organizations in Amgen, including Global Business Services, International Sites, and others as appropriate, which are critical to the effective use of technology, to ensure run and build activities are executed successfully
- Provides leadership to OIS direct reports to define the vision and goals to achieve business outcomes and oversee the implementation of the project portfolio
- Understands current best practices and emerging technologies in software applications (mobile, SaaS) security, validated/ cGMP compliant systems, infrastructure, cloud, data, advanced analytics, simulation & modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Leverages technology to drive innovation in the business.
- Travel: Domestic and International travel up to 20% may be necessary
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 8 years' of managerial experience directly managing staff and/or leading very large teams, projects and programs
- 10 years' leading large, cross functional programs crossing multiple geographies and business domains
- Biopharma and/or Pharmaceutical experience and a strong understanding of Supply Chain processes
- Deep understanding of operating in a GMP environment and production solutions in a GMP validated state as well as data integrity in a GMP environment
- Expertise in planning systems, big data solutions, ERP
- Expertise in planning systems and ERP
- Understanding of the big data technology landscape (e.g. Data Lake/Hadoop/Amazon Web Service ecosystems) as well as its applicability to the biotechnology sector
- Strong understanding of data collection, aggregation, analytics, visualizations and intelligent algorithm development (e.g., Spotfire/Tableau/R/Python ecosystems) to monitor, control and predict outcomes from raw material suppliers to end customers
- Ability to translate Operations' aspirations for leveraging data and advanced analytics into the reality of detailed actions in the supply chain and IS organizations
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.