Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will design, code and maintain web-based software to support scientific departments at CareDx. This engineer position will work on cross-functional teams to develop new applications and roll-out new releases for existing software, as well as participating in support and maintenance of the existing software portfolio. He/she will develop software in a heavily regulated (FDA, CAP, CLIA) environment. This position requires frequent interactions with different departments for which exceptional communication skills will be key.
- Design, implement and maintain high-quality web-based software supporting all corporate functions, in particular the Reference Laboratory, R&D, Clinical Department and Informatics.
- Development and support of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and data analysis pipelines.
- Develop software in a regulated environment (FDA, CAP, CLIA)
- Debugging and problem analysis of production issues, as well as developing appropriate solutions
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop specifications and use cases for new application releases
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and well-behaved software components
- Take full ownership of assigned tasks and ensure their timely delivery
- May act as lead/mentor to other members of the software group
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience, preferably in Life Sciences or Medical Device environment
- Must be proficient in abstract software design, component-based software architecture and relational data modeling
- Highly motivated self-starter, taking full ownership of assigned tasks
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, tools and concepts
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux & Windows environments
- Proficient in Java , J2EE and related technologies and APIs
- Proficient developing in C# on .net framework
- Proficient in Oracle Standard/Enterprise & SQLServer. Ability to write complicated SQL queries is a necessity.
- Experience working with OutSystems’ Agile Platform preferred
- Experience developing/maintaining Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment under GLP or GMP preferred
- Experience working with next generation sequencing (NGS) data and pipeline is a plus
- Experience managing JBoss , IIS and/or Apache servers and collaboration tools (SVN, Wikis) is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal / written communication skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-based environment
Benefits & Perks: We provide Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care, Commuter Accounts, 401(k) match, 3 weeks of vacation, 5 days sick leave, 1 personal floating holiday, 9 paid holidays, gym reimbursement, yoga onsite, ping pong, foosball, BBQ’s, social hours, and more!
CareDx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.