Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist Oncology
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a deep and differentiated oncology pipeline of investigational Probody™ therapeutics. Probody therapeutics are designed to exploit unique conditions of the tumor microenvironment to more effectively localize antibody binding and activity while limiting activity in healthy tissues. The Company’s pipeline includes proprietary cancer immunotherapies against clinically-validated targets, such as PD-L1, and first-in-class Probody drug conjugates against highly attractive targets, such as CD166 and CD71, which are considered to be inaccessible to conventional antibody drug conjugates due to their presence on healthy tissue. In addition to its wholly owned programs, CytomX has strategic collaborations with AbbVie, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, MD Anderson Cancer Center and ImmunoGen, Inc. For more information, visit www.cytomx.com or follow us on Twitter.
Location: South San Francisco, California
The Opportunity: CytomX Therapeutics is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. The current opening offers an opportunity to lead the integration of targeted biologics using Probody drug conjugates (PDCs), immune target biology and bioanalytical assessment of Probody™ cancer immunotherapies toward clinical investigation in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment.
We seek a highly motivated individual to characterize novel oncology targets and evaluate PDCs and alternative Probody formats for the treatment of cancers. The successful candidate will work as a bench Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist (non-Ph.D.) in the Oncology Department and participate in efforts involving target identification and validation to support pre-clinical drug discovery of therapeutic Probody™ programs.
- Perform cell-based, biochemical, molecular, and functional assays to characterize PDCs and alternative Probody formats, e.g. cytotoxicity, cell binding, ELISA, and
- Screen antibody or biologic binders by FACS, ELISA, and IHC.
- Basic cloning, expression, and purification of antibodies/ Probodies and fragments of antibodies.
- Follow established protocols, as well as develop and apply new protocols as needed. Be able to troubleshoot and optimize assays.
- Independently design, implement, and analyze experiments. Also, follow and incorporate relevant published findings, methodologies, and technologies to implement system improvements.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records, interpret and analyze data, and propose recommendations to help facilitate project progressions.
- Prepare and present project related information at internal/external meetings and actively contribute to group meetings and discussions.
- Interact with partner companies and CROs by addressing partner needs and maintaining timelines.
Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science equivalent and/or Master’s in Biological Sciences
- BS/MS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related field, with a minimum of five years of industrial experience. Title will be adjusted based on experience.
- Proven expertise in cell-based assays, protein, and molecular biology techniques is a must
- Experience in working with antibody-drug-conjugates is strongly preferred
- Experience with drug development in cancer therapeutics is preferred.
- Expertise with flow cytometry, ELISA, IHC, and/or SPR is a plus
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with a positive and proactive attitude
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret complex data
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.