Sr. Research Associate, Cancer Immunoncology
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a deep and differentiated oncology pipeline of investigational Probody™ therapeutics. Probody therapeutics are designed to exploit unique conditions of the tumor microenvironment to more effectively localize antibody binding and activity while limiting activity in healthy tissues. The Company’s pipeline includes proprietary cancer immunotherapies against clinically-validated targets, such as PD-L1, and first-in-class Probody drug conjugates against highly attractive targets, such as CD166 and CD71, which are considered to be inaccessible to conventional antibody drug conjugates due to their presence on healthy tissue. In addition to its wholly owned programs, CytomX has strategic collaborations with AbbVie, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, MD Anderson Cancer Center and ImmunoGen, Inc. For more information, visit www.cytomx.com or follow us on Twitter.
CytomX is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. The current opening offers an opportunity to be part of a team that is moving Probody™ drugs toward clinical investigation in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented, and collaborative scientist to join the Cancer Immunology team. The Senior Research Associate will characterize targets and pathways that can be modulated for cancer immunotherapy as part of a multidisciplinary research team. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in immunology and cancer research, with extensive hands-on experience validating and characterizing immunological targets and/or antibody therapeutics.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team of scientists engaged in the discovery and testing of cancer immunotherapeutic molecules. Responsibilities include designing and conducting experiments aimed at modulation of T cells, including in vitro cell-based functional assays, and ex vivo immune phenotyping and functional analyses of immune subsets in both mouse and human systems. S/he will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings.
- BS or MS in cell biology, immunology, or related field with 3-8 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in immunology, with an excellent understanding of T cell biology, and experience working with biologics is required.
- Experience with T cell engaging bispecific antibodies is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in laboratory techniques including multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity assays, etc., and the ability to adopt new laboratory skills is required.
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Ability to think critically and creatively is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic.