Team Leader, Housekeeping
The Team Leader, Housekeeping directs and guides the daily work assignments of personnel and performs all responsibilities outlined in the Cleaning Specialist and Production Cleaning Specialist job descriptions. The Team Leader plans, schedules and coordinates personnel operation and logistics activities; performs basic office work; and provides customer service. The incumbent performs microbial control cleaning procedures that must comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines which include documentation of work procedures frequently audited by the FDA and other regulatory agencies. The work will be accomplished under the general supervision of an area Supervisor or Section Manager.
Key Responsibilities include :
Key Responsibilities include :
- Directs in-plant work activity of personnel
- Maintains and reviews department records and submit reports to supervisor.
- Investigates, follows-up and resolves customer requests and/or complaints.
- Ensures facilities are clean and well maintained according to cGMP standards.
- Ensures proper utilization of supplies, equipment, and their required maintenance.
- Conducts BOP training and provides instructions on safety procedures and equipment usage.
- Performs safety and preventive maintenance inspections on housekeeping power equipment and small tools and wears approved PPE.
- Performs cross contamination cleaning methods in areas that require microbial control.
- Completes cGMP documentation of training or cleaning performed on paper and electronic devices
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior work experience of 3 years as a Cleaning specialist or Environmental cleaning specialist or Production cleaning specialist. Must be able to perform all cleaning specialist job functions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written information to include Corporate Quality Documents, Divisional Operating Procedures, Departmental Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines.
- Must be able to comply with cGMP, regulatory guidelines and able to write legibility in English and complete accurate and legible written records in compliance with cGMP when documenting work performed, on paper documents and electronic devices auditable by regulatory agencies.
- Basic knowledge of English and mathematics.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with subordinates, other supervisors and management personnel.
- Knowledge of department functions, operations, and cleaning procedures.
- Must be able to operate a computer to complete required compliance & technical training.
- Must have the ability to learn and perform cleaning techniques to meet regulatory requirements.
- Must have the ability to work alone or as a team member sharing responsibility and work tasks.
- Basic physical requirements are but limited to: stand for 8 hours per shift, regularly lift 35 pounds 50 times per shift, occasionally lift 50 pounds 6 times per shift, walk approximately 2000 feet per hour, climb 6 flights of stairs per shift, work on knees 30 minutes per shift, bend / Squat 200 times per shift, rotate left / right 200 times per shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled