Senior Research Associate
- Enable application of single-cell genomics to additional clinical indications.
- Optimize nucleic acid isolation from different sample types.
- Test novel barcoding strategies for different aspects of single-cell biology.
- Streamline user-facing protocols to reduce hands-on-time and assay robustness.
- Interface with outside vendors and internal manufacturing teams.
- Contribute to technical discussions and collaborate with engineering and analytical groups.
- Bachelors or masters in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline required. Master degree preferred.
- 3-5 years industry experience required.
- Extensive molecular biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR and whole genome amplification.
- Experience with different NGS library preparation methodologies a must.
- Experience with multiplex PCR target enrichment highly desired.
- Ability to operate Illumina sequencers considered a plus.
- Record of testing novel molecular biology and biochemistry protocols.
- Strong ability to document experiments and troubleshoot protocols.