- Enable application of single-cell genomics to additional clinical indications.
- Optimize nucleic acid isolation from different sample types.
- Develop novel barcoding strategies for different aspects of single-cell biology.
- Research and demonstrate feasibility of new NGS library preparation methodologies.
- Streamline user-facing protocols to reduce hands-on-time and assay robustness.
- Interface with outside vendors and internal manufacturing teams.
- Contribute to technical discussions and collaborate with engineering and analytical groups.
- Doctorate in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline required.
- 2-3 years industry experience preferred.
- Extensive molecular biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR and whole genome amplification.
- Record of developing molecular biology and biochemistry protocols.
- Experience with different NGS library preparation methodologies a must.
- Ability to analyze and visualize NGS data considered a big plus.
- Experience operating Illumina sequencers preferred.
- Strong ability to document experiments and troubleshoot protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.