Associate Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology
AbbVie is looking for an independent laboratory research scientist experienced in diverse cell and molecular biology techniques. The successful hire will perform arrayed or pooled CRISPR/Cas9 functional screens for new target discovery and validation in cross-functional research environment to support early drug discovery pipelines for oncology, immunology, and neuroscience.Level will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- B.S. or M.S. in cell and molecular biology, or in a related discipline
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them in a fast-paced research environment.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving skills, and attention to details.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in transfection (RNP) or lentiviral transduction with cell-based functional readouts involving luminescence assays, flow cytometry, or high-content cell imaging.
- Experience in cell-based functional assay development, DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, western blot, and other basic cell and molecular analysis techniques.
- Basic conceptual understanding of broad genomic technologies such as next-gen sequencing, RNA Seq, RNAi (shRNA/siRNA), and CRISPR gene editing.
- Experience with 96-well or 384-well plate liquid handling and other lab automation equipment.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled