Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology
AbbVie is looking for an independent laboratory research scientist experienced in diverse cell and molecular biology techniques. The successful hire will perform arrayed or pooled CRISPR/Cas9 functional screens for new target discovery and validation in cross-functional research environment to support early drug discovery pipelines for oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. Level will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Required:
- B.S. or M.S. in cell and molecular biology, or in a related discipline, with 5+ (BS) or 3+ (MS) years of experience in laboratory research Experience in cell-based functional assay development, DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, western blot, and other basic cell and molecular analysis techniques.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them in a fast-paced research environment.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving skills, and attention to details.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in transfection (RNP) or lentiviral transduction with cell-based functional readouts involving luminescence assays, flow cytometry, or high-content cell imaging.
- Basic conceptual understanding of broad genomic technologies such as next-gen sequencing, RNA Seq, RNAi (shRNA/siRNA), and CRISPR gene editing.
- Experience with 96-well or 384-well plate liquid handling and other lab automation equipment.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled