Animal Technician - Animal Operations
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet is developing the next generation immunotherapies by generating a pipeline of allogeneic gamma delta T cell products engineering with CAR or TCR. In addition, Adicet’s immune cell platform is complemented by its ability to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets and generates T cell receptor-like antibodies directed against these disease-specific peptide MHC complexes.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 and closed a Series A financing of $51M in Jan 2016. This financing was led by OrbiMed and also included Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics, for which Adicet received a $25M upfront payment.
In September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech to its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2016.
Animal Technician/Sr. Animal Technician – Animal Operations
As a member of the Animal Facility Operations team, you will work with a group with the following core responsibilities:
Provide quality laboratory animal care in our animal facility. Specific vivarium responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, monitoring of animal health and environment, participating in animal cage changing, transferring animal husbandry supplies and participating in animal room sanitations.
Other duties include record keeping related to animal care and husbandry tasks, such as animal health check logs, sanitization logs, as well as monitoring husbandry inventory. Regular reporting to the animal facility manager and being involved in planning, organizing and coordinating daily husbandry activities under general supervision.
Animal Technician/Sr. Animal Technician – Animal Operations – QUALIFICATIONS:
- The successful candidate must follow all animal health standards, stringent SOP’s and safety protocols, be able to lift objects of approximately 50 pounds and should have no allergies to common laboratory rodents.
- The incumbent should have a general appreciation for biological science and an understanding of the intricacies of laboratory research.
- Three years of overall husbandry experience of laboratory rodents is highly desirable.
- An ALAT or higher certification and understanding of AAALAC accreditation are a plus.
- A BA/BS degree is a definite plus.
- The candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment with a positive/can-do attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented and willing to work flexible hours.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.