Sr. Administrative Assistant
Rigel is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel, targeted drugs in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology and immuno-oncology. Rigel's pioneering research focuses on signaling pathways that are critical to disease mechanisms. Our business strategy is to transition to a commercial-stage company with our Phase 3 results from fostamatinib in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), Rigel has submitted an NDA. We continue to build an extensive portfolio of products in immunology and oncology, monetizing select assets through attractive partnerships. The Regional Marketing Manager, Medical Marketing will be a key member of the Marketing department advancing Rigel’s commercial programs.
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will directly support the CCO, as well as, provide general department support. A successful candidate will be extremely well organized, an excellent communicator, capable of effectively coordinating complex schedules, and working closely with other members of the Administrative team to coordinate various activities. Over time, the Sr. Administrative Assistant will be able to anticipate many of the needs of the team and will be proactive in the execution of those needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary function is to provide administrative support to the CCO and their staff/direct reports
• Represent Rigel with external customers, including extremely influential clinical & scientific thought leaders, in the highest ethical and professional manner.
• Maintain complex calendars and coordinate meetings and conferences, both on and off site which may include extensive logistical arrangements depending on the nature of the meeting and attendees
• Coordinate domestic and international meeting and travel arrangements involving multiple locations and individuals; prepare complex itineraries that may often require changes and prepare subsequent final expense reports
• Supports interdepartmental communications and communications with external clients; this will involve extensive collaboration with internal and external contacts and the handling of sensitive and often highly confidential information
• Draft and proofread letters and documents required with minimal guidance, format templates, documents and presentations, etc.
• Maintain databases, Microsoft based documents, and other documents
• Perform general administrative functions (answering phone calls, ordering meals, coordinating vendors, copying, printing, mailing, faxing, scanning and binding, etc.)
• Coordinate administrative and special projects as assigned
• On occasion, may require administrative support during off hours, including weekends, or as emergencies arise
• May provide backup support to the other members of the Administrative team as requested
• Complies with corporate policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• 5 years progressive administrative support experience with a minimum of 3 years directly supporting C-suite executives
• College degree preferred
• Experience in the life sciences industry, pharmaceutical or biotechnology preferred
• Experience supporting a commercial department and/or marketing and sales preferred
• Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and willing to learn new software and manage multiple platforms
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate/manage complex travel schedules and multiple calendars
• Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Proactively approach business needs and requirements
• Ability to work independently and be flexible, adjusting priorities and tasks in real time to support the objectives of the departments
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, exhibiting a professional, energetic, proactive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
• Excellent written skills
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking with the ability to manage and triage multiple priorities and manage complicated calendars across multiple executives and external personnel
Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals are encouraged to apply