Senior Manager, Quality Control
Catalent Pharma Solutions - San Diego is hiring for an experienced Senior Manager for the Quality Control department. The Senior QC Manager will be responsible for managing the daily performance of a talented and developing group of QC chemists, with a focus on instilling scientific curiosity and learning in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Senior QC Manager will provide guidance in standard QC activities such as release/stability analysis and data interpretation, deviations, investigations, and GMP compliance, as well as serving to provide expertise in analytical techniques inter- and intra-departmentally. This role will interface closely with clients, adjunct departments such as Analytical Development and Quality Assurance, and will provide important feedback to the Senior Leadership team on department capacity.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Direct supervision of 15-20 chemists, including managerial responsibilities such as resource hiring, allocation, personal development and performance reviews
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service; timely communication and resolution of customer questions and complaints relating to quality
- Resource scheduling for the QC department, including but not limited to GMP in-process, release, stability, method transfers, and method validations
- Provide analytical support and application of technical guidance for junior chemists on method and instrument trouble shooting
- Gather, process and communicate department metrics (on-time-delivery, turn-around times, capacity constraints, etc.)
- Maintain an active role in internal continuous improvement teams
- Coordinate with the training coordinator to design, develop and implement QC training programs
- Collaborate closely with Analytical Development and Quality Assurance to improve project hand-offs, inter-departmental communication, and process improvements
The Candidate (requirements)
- BS degree in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline with 10+ years of applicable regulated laboratory experience. OR MS degree with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- 3+ years of proven people management experience. Resume should outline this detail to be considered.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask while working under restrictive timelines.
- Extended proficiency with many common standard lab practices and expertise in a variety of analytical techniqueswith a strong focus on H/UPLC. Experience with LC-MS, GC, Dissolution, XRD, PSD, TGA, DSC preferred. Resume should outline this detail to be considered.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, leadership and adaptability to the ever-changing demands of the company and maintain excellent communication with the department head, the other managers within QC, and the heads of other departments (QA, Analytical Development, Pharmaceutics, Manufacturing).
About Catalent San Diego
Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, preformulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing. At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
About Catalent Pharma Solutions
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help develop some of the nearly 200 products we launch each year or help supply over 7,000 products for patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where our professionals work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market, for the benefit of patients globally.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities, or contact us at +1 877 503 9493.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.