Senior Project Manager in Chemical Processing Tech-Ops & Stakeholder Communication
East Bay-based biotech focused on sustainability and profitability by converting common substances into commercially viable products using bio-based conversion-technologies and scale up processes.
Key role for seasoned project manager and exceptional communicator from one of the following industries: biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or chemical: a PM who has consistently held PROJECT MANAGEMENT-SPECIFIC titles for at least 8 years and whose project leadership track record includes a.) supportive oversight promoting the technical and operational aspects of bioprocess or chemical process scale up activities and b.) regular communication with internal and external project contributors and stakeholders. - - - This senior project leader will 1.) Apply project management leadership strategies and PM tools to plan, implement, and direct an integrated chemical processing operational effort of cross-functional teams at multiple sites to advance bioprocessing scale-up activities from lab to pilot scale and eventual commercial scale to meet production goals on time and on budget. 2.) Apply superlative communication skills to keep all project contributors and stakeholders well informed of project progress. 3.) This role reports to VP level.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: An 8+ year track record holding project manager-specific titles within one or more of the following three industries: biotech, pharma, or chemical industry; strong technical foundation in chemical engineering and well-seasoned project-management expertise in the areas of organization, communication, and collaboration necessary to plan, implement, and report on project goals and deliverables. Additional requirements include the folowing:
- Operational and technical experience providing oversight of chemical or biochemical scale-up processes from lab to pilot to eventual commercial scale.
- Advanced Multi-functional Team Coordination Skills necessary to coordinate technical and operational moving parts and various functional areas keeping all contributors and stakeholders well informed and in alignment and maintain a cohesive effort to achieve defined deliverables
- Advanced Interpersonal skills necessary to provide and promote ongoing communication, guidance, and collaboration among internal and external cross-functional team members to keep all project contributors engaged and motivated.
- Advanced usage of project management software planning and tracking tools to support and expedite projects and maintain detailed oversight of all moving parts and to generate cogent reports, Gantt Charts, grafts, etc. to optimize scale-up coordination and resource management and to keep all project team members, partners, and stakeholders well informed..
- Complex-Project Communication Skills: Expertise informing and updating senior leadership and other project stakeholders through cogent presentations, reports, Gantt Charts, etc. for optimal project coordination, communication and resource management.
- Strong technical basis in chemical engineering.
- PMP a plus, but not essential.
TO APPLY: Use link provided or apply directly email your attached resume using job code SrPM-Tech-Ops on subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org