Associate Director, Payer Contracting
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Director, Payer Contracting will be responsible for implementing contracting strategies with Commercial and Medicare Part D Payer/PBM customers across both Hem/Onc and I&I franchises with guidance from the Director of Pricing and Contracting. This individual will be responsible for achieving all assigned goals and maintaining compliance with all Celgene policies and procedures.
Knowledge of managed care, reimbursement, government pricing, and experience in modeling contracting strategies for products reimbursed by payer pharmacy benefits is required. Experience in preparing contract performance analyses also required.
Experience with Inflammatory and Immunology (I&I) products a plus.
BA / BS required, 7 years relative experience. MBA is preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor competitive pricing and understand the overall I&I and oncology landscapes to determine the impact on the development of contracting strategies
- Collaborate with Business Analytics Team and Contract Administration to implement data reporting capabilities
- Develop customer contract terms, conditions and administrative processes by working cross-functionally with Legal, Contract Administration, and Account Management
- Negotiate contract language with Payer/PBM customers
- Analyze contract performance for each assigned Payer/PBM account to identify trends and opportunities
- Recommend future account level contracting strategies based on contract performance analyses
- Forecast rebate/discount liability for account and work with Associate Director, GTN Reporting and Forecasting to establish Gross to Net accruals
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information systems, or related business major; MBA is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Contract Operations, Pricing, Reimbursement, or Finance
- I & I experience a plus
- Strong experience with Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to effectively communicate across multiple functions and up to executive management levels
- Must possess great interpersonal skills along with being detailed oriented
- Evidence of strategic planning and excellent execution is a must
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and ability to work effectively in complex and rapidly changing environments
- Proven ability to lead work groups, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate
- Possess a high level of energy; demonstrate integrity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- High sense of urgency and ability to identify creative solutions to time sensitive needs
- Results-oriented with a willingness to take on responsibility and manage multiple and varied projects
- Must be a team player and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required
- Strong customer service focus, with a drive to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers while protecting Celgene's financial interest