Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Contracting
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Contracting is responsible for being an integral cross-functional partner to the Trade National Account Executives (NAEs) and Key Account Executives (KAEs) in developing and executing contracting strategies (both price concession and service fees) for Specialty Pharmacies and In-Office Dispensing Pharmacies that are account focused and maximize business potential. Associate Director will be responsible for working with Legal to develop relevant contract language and negotiating contractual terms and conditions directly with accounts. Associate Director is also charged with forecasting the gross to net impact of these strategies throughout the planning period.
Associate Director is also expected to lead without direct authority to develop colleagues for succession planning and enhance career development by providing leadership and motivation to applicable US Market Access colleagues through results-oriented focus, clear communication, direction, and coaching.
- Knowledge of specialty pharmacy account segment and experience in modeling contracting strategies for these trade accounts are required.
- Experience in preparing contract language (collaboratively with Legal), contract performance analyses and determining service fee payments are also required.
- Experience with negotiating contract language and terms with trade accounts is a plus.
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree a plus.
- 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- This position requires moderate (10% - 20%) travel.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the contracting process for all pharmacy agreements from development, creation to execution, and close out of un-executed agreements.
- Analyze contract performance for each specialty pharmacy account to identify trends and opportunities.
- Monitor Specialty Pharmacy landscape to determine the impact on the development of contracting strategies for both price concessions and service fees.
- Build national distribution strategies for existing and launch products across both I&I and Hematology/Oncology franchises.
- Work closely with account executives to develop and execute account level contracting strategies that support brand team objectives.
- Collaborate with Contract Operations to develop data reporting capabilities to monitor contract compliance and contract performance.
- Develop process to secure insights of payer volume using specialty pharmacy utilization data.
- Model financial impact of contracting strategies including impact on government pricing.
- Develop customer contract terms, conditions and administrative processes by working cross-functionally with Legal, Contract Operations, and Account Management.
- Negotiate contract language with Trade accounts.
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external customers.
- Exceptional mentor, communicator and results-oriented individual, who effectively prioritizes and coordinates with peers, internal departments, and customers to ensure that key contracting issues are understood and addressed.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution models and contracting experience with various trade customer segments.
- Contract implementation, execution and contract management experience required with a preference for this experience being applicable to oncology buy-and-bill products.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to effectively communicate across multiple functions and up to executive management levels.
- Flexibility and entrepreneurial skills in a growing and ever-changing organization.
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership, training and mentoring skills.
- Must possess great interpersonal skills along with being detailed oriented.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and ability to work effectively in complex and rapidly changing environments.
- Proven ability to lead work groups, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate.
- Strong experience with Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Key Internal/External Relationships:
- Market Access Leadership
- Trade National Account Executives (NAEs)
- Key Account Executives (KAEs)
- Sales Forecasting
- Hematology/Oncology and I&I Marketing
- Patient Support
- Specialty Pharmacy Corporate Personnel
- Specialty Pharmacy Accounts
- Practice/Institution Dispensing Accounts
Celgene Leadership Competencies:
- Drive Innovation
- Shape Strategy
- Develop Talent
- Promote Open Communication
- Create Global Mindset
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Foster Teamwork