Applied BioCode is a public company traded on the Taiwan Emerging Market Exchange that designs, develops, manufactures, and commercializes multiplex testing products for the $52 billon In-Vitro diagnostics market.
Their Barcoded Magnetic Bead (BMB) technology and detection systems facilitate the development of highly multiplexed nucleic acids or protein detection assays. The BMB technology offers up to 4,096 unique digital barcodes for multiplex analysis with unmatched decoding accuracy.
Applied BioCode's In-Vitro diagnostic products focus on the molecular infectious disease segment of the market with assays that detect pathogens for gastrointestinal tract infections, respiratory infections, and sexually transmitted infections. Applied BioCode partners with a variety of other diagnostic companies with applications that include infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases, allergies, transplantations, transfusions, hepatitis, and the gut microbiome.
In addition to the In-Vitro diagnostics market, Applied BioCode also partners with companies to develop applications for other areas of the diagnostics industry including the life science research, agricultural testing, and veterinary markets.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ POSITION OBJECTIVE:
Development and validation of PCR-based multiplex assays for FDA submission and clearance
• Molecular Biology: real-time PCR, Sequencing, multiplex endpoint PCR, probe-based hybridization and detection
• Microbiology: handling BSL-II agents and clinical specimens for nucleic acid extraction
• Design, perform and evaluate experiments as instructed
• Qualify and maintain automated systems in collaboration with System Engineers
• Apply basic statistical techniques for data analysis
• Must maintain a laboratory note book according to GDP and be able to analyze assay results
• Prepare and order reagents and lab supplies
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
BS Degree in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, or related fields with 2-4 years of experience
• Strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or microbiology techniques
• Must have hands on experience in setting up PCR-based assay
• Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation
• Ability to execute complex experiments with attention to details
• Experience with Sanger sequencing is a plus
• Experience with IVD assay development and Design Control process is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and execute various tasks
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, strong work ethics and a “can do” attitude
• Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, and strives to improve the status quo
• Willingness to take on challenges and changes as opportunities
• Collaborates with others in a team-oriented environment
• Follows Quality System requirements, safety rules and applicable regulations
• Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and infectious agents. Willingness to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed is a plus.